Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Data Standardization and Technology in Specialty Pharmacy
Jonathan Ogurchak, PharmD, CSP, sits down with Specialty Pharmacy Times® to discuss why data standardization is important in specialty pharmacy and how technology plays into it during the NASP Annual Meeting in Washington, DC. Watch here.
4. Study Finds Clinical Significance of RBC Immunoglobulin G in Polytransfused Patients with Thalassemia
A new study has found that the use of flow cytometry may allow for more accurate detection of red blood cell autoantibody formation in patients with thalassemia compared with a direct Coombs test. Read more.
3. Upadacitinib Yields Positive Phase 3 Study Results in Psoriatic Arthritis
Both doses of upadacitinib (Rinvoq, Abbvie) have met the primary endpoint of American College of Rheumatology 20 (ACR20) response at 12 weeks compared with a placebo in adult patients with active psoriatic arthritis (PsA) who have responded inadequately to 1 or more biologic disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs. Read more.
2. Sandoz Receives FDA Approval for Pegfilgrastim Biosimilar
Officials with the FDA today approved pegfilgrastim-bmez (Ziextenzo, Sandoz), a biosimilar to pegfilgrastim (Neulasta). Read more.
1. First Rituximab Biosimilar Now Available in the US for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, CLL
Rituximab-abbs (Truxima, Teva and Celltrion), the first biosimilar to rituximab (Rituxan), is now available in the United States. Read more.