Webcast: Ketamine Therapy and the Pharmacist - Episode 1
Webcast: The Role of the Pharmacy in Ketamine Therapy, Future of Ketamine Treatment
A panel of experts in the field of ketamine therapy discuss the role of the pharmacist in this field and the future of ketamine and assisted therapies based on current medical research.
During this webcast, a panel of experts in the field of ketamine therapy discuss the role of the pharmacist in this field and the future of ketamine and assisted therapies based on current medical research.
The panel included Peter Koshland, PharmD, BS, CEO of Koshland Pharm and a practicing pharmacist; Jonathan Sabbagh, CEO and co-founder of Journey Clinical; Kyle Lapidus, MD, PhD, CMO at Validose and medical director at Journey Clinical; Celia Morgan, PhD, head of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy for addiction at Awakn Life Sciences; and Steve Levine, MD, vice president of patient access at COMPASS Pathways and chairman at Heading Health.
The expert panel discussed the following:
- Ketamine’s current use and its approved treatment targets.
- Potential treatment targets for ketamine currently under investigation.
- The current role of the pharmacy/compounding pharmacy in ketamine therapy.
- The role of the pharmacist in supporting other forms of ketamine therapy outside of the sublingual self-administration form.
- Challenges pharmacies face regarding monitoring patient adherence, compliance, and use of ketamine as a treatment.
- Current pharmacy practices relating to ketamine and their associated influence on the future practices for other psychedelic medicines currently under investigation, such as MDMA and psilocybin.
- The potential future role of pharmacy in ketamine therapy and other psychedelic medicines.