PQA, Top Pharmacy Associations to Co-Host a Quality Ratings Workshop for Community Pharmacists
The Pharmacy Quality Alliance will join several other pharmacy organizations in co-hosting a one-day pharmacy quality ratings workshop for community pharmacists on November 9th, 2015.
Springfield, VA (October 7, 2015) - The Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA) is pleased to co-host a one-day pharmacy quality ratings workshop with the American Pharmacists Association (APhA), the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS), the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) and the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA), to be held at the Westin Hotel in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, on November 9th, 2015. This workshop for community pharmacists will focus on core competencies and techniques needed to perform well on quality measures currently used by health plans and PBMs to rate their pharmacy networks.
"Quality and performance ratings have assumed a prominent position in the pharmacy landscape," said Laura Cranston, PQA Executive Director. "This workshop isn't just about understanding that landscape. It's about showing pharmacists how they can use very simple techniques to both optimize their performance on health plan performance metrics while simultaneously improving the quality of care that they provide to their patients."
The workshop will consist of six sessions led by expert frontline pharmacists, health plan quality specialists, quality management professionals, and pharmacy association leadership. The six sessions will include:
- Numbers Don't Lie: Understanding and Acting on Your Pharmacies' Rating
- Understanding the Trends and Targets in Performance Measurement
- Rolling out P4P Models Locally
- Building the Critical Components of a Quality Improvement Program into Your Community Pharmacy/Pharmacies
- Intervention Strategies and Best Practices of Community Pharmacy Colleagues
- Putting it All Together - Measures, Methods, New Payment Models
Registration information and the full agenda may be found at this link.