Pharmacy Times® Wins 2020 Industry News Provider of the Year Award by APPA
Ed Cohen, PharmD, FAPhA, executive vice president of pharmacy advocacy for the publication, was recognized with the prestigious Individual Advocate of the Year award.
Pharmacy Times®, the leading multimedia pharmacy network for pharmacists, has been named the 2020 Industry News Provider of the Year by the American Pharmacy Purchasing Alliance (APPA) for the fourth consecutive year.1
In addition, Ed Cohen, PharmD, FAPhA, executive vice president of pharmacy advocacy for the publication, was recognized with the prestigious Individual Advocate of the Year award.1
“I cannot begin to express how proud I am of Ed Cohen and the entire Pharmacy Times® team for being acknowledged again by APPA,” said John Hydrusko, vice president of Pharmacy & Healthcare Communications, LLC, the publisher of Pharmacy Times®, in a prepared statement. “Our team is dedicated to serving the pharmacy community and providing relevant, accurate and timely multimedia content for our readers. This impressive recognition clearly demonstrates the continued success and growth of our publication.”1
“I am honored and humbled to be recognized for a role I truly enjoy, and have done for many years. This award is shared with the others on my extended team that work on behalf of pharmacies and pharmacists to promote and advance our profession,” added Cohen, in a prepared statement.1
The APPA Pharmaceutical Industry Awards were created in 2016 to recognize outstanding performances in the pharmaceutical industry, honoring companies and individuals for their innovation, dedication, and best-in-class service.1
This year, the APPA named 10 award winners in a variety of categories. However, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the organization announced that it is not holding an awards ceremony.2
The full list of winners:2
- Industry News Provider of The Year — PharmacyTimes.com
- Pharmacy Manufacturer of the Year — Novartis
- Pharmacy Software Company of The Year — PioneerRx
- CEO of The Year — Michael C. Kaufmann | Cardinal Health
- Primary Pharmaceutical Wholesaler of The Year — Cardinal Health
- Secondary Pharmaceutical Wholesaler of the Year — Capital Drug
- Independent Pharmacy of the Year — Hometown Pharmacy
- Hall of Fame Award — Scott Newman | Pharmacists United for Truth & Transparency
- Company Advocate of the Year — Pharmacists United for Truth & Transparency
- Individual Advocate of the Year — Ed Cohen | Pharmacy Times
- Pharmacy Times® Wins 2020 Industry News Provider of the Year Award by American Pharmacy Purchasing Alliance [news release].Cranbury, NJ; March 26, 2020: MJH Life Sciences. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200326005404/en/Pharmacy-Times%C2%AE-Wins-2020-Industry-News-Provider Accessed March 26, 2020.
- 2020 APPA Pharmaceutical Awards Results. APPA website. https://joinappa.com/appa-awards-results/ Accessed March 26, 2020.