Pharmacy Gag Clause Ban Vote Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA OKs Preventive Treatment for Migraines
Officials with the FDA have approved fremanezumab-vfrm (Ajovy, Teva) for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults. Read more.
4. New Plaque Psoriasis Treatment Approved in Europe
Tildrakizumab (Ilumetri) received approval by the European Commission for the treatment of moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasis. Read more.
3. FDA: No Unexpected Safety Risks Associated With Pimavanserin
The FDA did not identify any new or unexpected safety findings with pimavanserin (Nuplazid), nor findings that are inconsistent with the established safety profile currently described in the drug label. Read more.
2. NCCN Recommends Cabozantinib for Advanced RCC Treatment Across All Patient Risk Groups
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network updated its Clinical Practice Guidelines for kidney cancer to include new recommendations for cabozantinib tablets. Read more.
1. Senate Passes Bill to Prohibit Pharmacy Gag Clauses
The Patient Right to Know Drug Prices Act would prohibit insurers and prescription benefit managers from using gag clauses by health insurers and pharmacy benefit managers. Read more.