Pharmacy Accidentally Gives Trick-or-Treaters Bipolar Meds

Some bipolar medications were accidentally distributed to trick-or-treaters at a grocery store pharmacy, but police have since recovered all 7 pills.

Some bipolar medications were accidentally distributed to trick-or-treaters at a grocery store pharmacy, but police have since recovered all 7 pills.

The Quebec Police Department told USA Today that a woman dropped divalproex and quetiapine pills for her 17-year-old son on the floor of a store called Metro on October 30, 2015.

Another customer found the pills and brought them to the service center counter, which had a candy basket on it.

An employee then mistakenly mixed the pills, which were individually wrapped in plastic bags, with the plastic bags of candy.

“So, unfortunately—we don’t know how—an employee just mixed it with the candy by accident and distributed it to the kids,” Quebec Police Department spokesperson Melissa Cliche told the Daily Star.

No one swallowed the pills, according to the police, but one newspaper based in Quebec reported that a girl had chewed and spit out a pill.