Patient Disconnect from Manufacturing Resources Tops Specialty Week in Review
Top News of the Week from Directions in Specialty Pharmacy.
5. CAR T-Cell Therapy: Genetically Programming the Immune System to Attack Malignant Cells
Current FDA-approved CAR-T cell therapies express CARs recognizing CD19, which is expressed on the surface of almost all B cells, making these therapies specific for B-cell malignancies. Read more.
4. New Combination Therapies for the Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Patients with CLL may have genetic mutations that predict response to different treatments. Read more.
3. Researchers Find Dozens of Non-Oncology Drugs with Anti-Cancer Benefits
Study shows nearly 50 new drugs with previously unrecognized anti-cancer activity. Read more.
2. The Missing Link: A Digitized Dx for Patient Behavior
In order to increase the effectiveness of adherence interventions, we need to take into account the fact that human beings are not always rational. Read more.
1. Survey Shows Patients Are Unaware of Resources Offered by Manufacturers of Medications
A recent patient survey conducted by Human Care Services uncovered a genuine significant desire from patients for help from drug manufacturers in managing their conditions and drug regimens. Read more.