Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Comprehensive Partnership with Shizuoka Prefecture
tsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a comprehensive partnership with Shizuoka Prefecture, aiming to revitalize local communities and enhance the range of services available for prefectural residents. The agreement was signed on July 12 at the Shizuoka Prefecture Government Offices.
As a comprehensive health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and various entities to promote healthy lifestyles.
As a result of various health promotion efforts, Shizuoka Prefecture residents enjoy outstanding healthy life expectancy
, ranking third for men and second for women nationwide. Despite these favorable statistics, incidents of cerebrovascular disease and lifestyle related illnesses are above the national average and show signs of increasing. To address these issues Shizuoka Prefecture has adopted the Fujinokuni Health Promotion Plan Term 3
, aiming to further extend healthy life expectancy
and support the health and wellbeing of prefectural residents. One example of activities initiated under the plan is the Fuji 33 Program
, a unique healthy longevity program that focuses on the three pillars of diet, exercise and community participation, based on analysis of data obtained through lifestyle surveys targeting elderly prefectural residents. The prefecture is promoting awareness and participation in this and other programs conceived to promote healthy lifestyles for prefectural residents of every age.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical has been engaged in various health management and disaster prevention initiatives with Shizuoka Prefecture, including provision of information and dispatch of lecturers for seminars on heat stroke countermeasures and agreements for provision of disaster relief supplies. The conclusion of the comprehensive partnership agreement will further reinforce this cooperative relationship with Shizuoka Prefecture.
Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will work together with Shizuoka Prefecture to implement programs as outlined below, maximizing expertize in disaster mitigation, heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, nutritional education, sports promotion and women’s health, and cooperating to contribute to extended healthy life expectancy and promote the health and wellbeing of prefectural residents.
(1) Initiatives to support regional safety and security and disaster relief
(2) Activities related to dissemination of prefectural government information
(3) Support for childrearing and youth development programs
(4) Promotion of women’s participation in society
(5) Promotion of culture, arts, and sports
(6) Promotion of local production for local consumption and local industry
(7) Lifestyle enhancement and environmental preservation activities
(8) Health promotion and support for households with children, elderly and disabled persons
(9) PR to promote use of Mt. Fuji Shizuoka Airport
(10) As well as additional initiatives and activities to support government and provide services for residents of Shizuoka Prefecture
Based on our corporate philosophy of ‘Otsuka — people creating new products for better health worldwide’, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- *1 Life expectancy for males in Shizuoka Prefecture is 72.13 years (ranked third nationwide); 75.61 years for women (ranked second); nationwide healthy life expectancy as of December 2015, based on data for 2013 Shizuoka Prefecture website (in Japanese): ã€€ã€€https://www.pref.shizuoka.jp/kousei/ko-430/kenzou/kenkoujyumyou.html
- *2 Fujinokuni Health Promotion Plan Term 3 (in Japanese)ã€€ã€€https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-0iVPRMPfIiZXdHclFkVWl3ZW8/edit?pli=1
- *3 Healthy life expectancy: Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- *4 Fuji 33 Program (in Japanese); ã€€ã€€https://www.pref.shizuoka.jp/kousei/ko-430/kenzou/fuji33/main.html