New Pre-Filled Syringe for Lanreotide Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. T-Cell Therapy Approach Shows Potential as Cure for Chronic Hepatitis B Virus
Receptor-modified T cells successfully controlled chronic hepatitis B virus, showing promise as a potential cure for the disease. Read more.
4. Dupilumab Approved for Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps
Dupilumab (Dupixent) is the first biologic medicine approved for inadequately controlled chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis. Read more.
3. Audit Suggests PBM Drug Pricing Practices May Lead to Higher Health Care Costs
An independent review of pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) in Ohio indicates that PBM pricing practices likely contribute to rising health care costs. Read more.
2. FDA Grants Priority Review to Niraparib for Late-Stage Ovarian Cancer
The supplemental New Drug Application supports the expansion of niraparib’s indication as a late-line therapeutic option for patients with ovarian cancer. Read more.
1. FDA OKs New Pre-Filled Syringe for Lanreotide
The new syringe is designed to improve the subcutaneous administration of lanreotide (Somatuline Depot, Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals). Read more.