Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Supplemental BLA Filed for Use of Adcetris in Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma
Seattle Genetics submitted an application for the expanded use of brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris) in combination with a chemotherapy regimen for patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma. Read here.
4. Melanoma Mortality Rates on the Rise for Men Worldwide
An up-to-date analysis of melanoma morality rates show that deaths among men are rising, but stabilizing or decreasing in women. Read here.
3. FDA Approves Sublingual Opioid Sufentanil
Officials with the FDA have approved a new opioid, (Dsuvia, AcelRx Pharmaceuticals), sparking some controversy in the media that the opioid has potential for abuse. Read here.
2. FDA Grants Priority Review to Dupixent for Atopic Dermatitis in Adolescents
If approved for this indication, dupilumab (Dupixent) will be the first systemic biologic medicine to treat adolescents with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis. Read here.
1. FDA Approves Immunotherapy Combination for Certain Patients with Multiple Myeloma
Elotuzumab (Empliciti) with pomalidomide and dexamethasone (Pd) is the first triplet combination to be approved based on a randomized clinical trial using Pd as a comparator. Read here.