New Approval for Treatment-Resistant Depression Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Positive Phase 2 Data for Ublituximab as Treatment for Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
Ublituximab may provide a clinical benefit for patients with multiple sclerosis via lower doses and faster infusion times than current therapies. Read more.
4. Galcanezumab Receives FDA Priority Review for Episodic Cluster Headache
There are currently no approved therapies for the prevention of episodic cluster headaches. Read more.
3. FDA Grants Priority Review to Investigational Treatment for Myelofibrosis
If approved, fedratinib would be the second FDA-approved treatment for myelofibrosis. Read more.
2. CDC Reports Staph Infections Led to Nearly 20,000 US Deaths in 2017
The CDC urges health care providers to implement its recommendations and to regularly review their facility infection data, among other intervention methods. Read more.
1. Esketamine Nasal Spray Receives FDA Approval for Treatment-Resistant Depression
Officials with the FDA have approved esketamine CIII nasal spray (Spravato, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson) for use in conjunction with an oral antidepressant in adults with treatment-resistant depression. Read more.