Lung Cancer Drug Approval Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. New Opioid Prescribing Guidance Targets Inpatient Acute Pain Management
Until now, there has been little guidance on the safe prescribing of opioids in the inpatient, non-operative setting. Read more.
4. FDA Approves First-Line Treatment Combo for Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
Opdivo and Yervoy combination is the first and only treatment to show significantly superior survival compared with sunitinib in intermediate- and poor-risk advanced RCC. Read more.
3. Inlyta Fails to Demonstrate Efficacy in Patients at High Risk of Recurrent Renal Cell Carcinoma
In its phase 3 trial, Pfizer’s axitinib (Inlyta) did not achieve disease-free survival in patients at high risk of recurrent renal cell carcinoma after nephrectomy. Read more.
2. Merck Announces Positive Phase 3 Results for Keytruda as Lung Cancer Therapy
Pembrolizumab (Keytruda) met its primary endpoint in the pivotal phase 3 KEYNOTE-042 trial. Read more.
1. FDA Approves Osimertinib for Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Osimertinib surpassed standard of care with a median progression-free survival of 18.9 months in clinical trials. Read more.