Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Staggering Amount of Pharmacies Report Underpayments for Tamiflu
Access to Tamiflu and generic oseltamivir are critical for combatting rampant influenza infections. Read more.
4. CDC Warns Influenza Cases, Related Deaths Still Increasing
CDC officials said this year’s influenza season may be peaking, but it will likely take several more weeks before activity slows down. Read more.
3. FDA Approves Novel C. Difficile Drug
Vancomycin hydrochloride may reduce the burden on pharmacists treating patients with Clostridium Difficile. Read more.
2. Treating Hypertension in Patients With Diabetes
Diabetes treatment guidelines treating patients until they reach blood pressure target goals. Read more.
1. FDA to Limit Imodium Packaging to Address Misuse
High doses of loperamide may result in cardiovascular toxicity and death. Read more.