Making active aging technology conveniently available to those who need it most.
SAN DIEGO ­ October 15, 2014 ­ GreatCall, Inc., the leader in creating mobile health and safety solutions for active aging, today announced that its suite of connected health and safety products and services is available in more than 4,000 Rite Aid pharmacies nationwide. By offering mobile health solutions in-store and integrating their wellness initiatives at Rite Aid pharmacies, GreatCall is transforming health care for the way we age today.
The rollout of GreatCall¹s lineup, including the easy-to-use Touch3, Splash and Jitterbug5 ­ and through them, a portfolio of health and safety services - at Rite Aid will be completed by mid-October 2014. The custom displays include the full product range, demo phones and brochures.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the cost of providing health care for one person aged 65 or older is three to five times higher than the cost for someone younger than 65. By providing an easier and more convenient method of managing health needs, GreatCall is bringing older adults into the mobile health revolution, which benefits the health care system and also provides this population of people with much needed support.
³Today¹s older adults are redefining the way we age, and GreatCall¹s mission is to provide them with usable solutions to keep them thriving,² said Bill Yates, CMO of GreatCall. ³Through Rite Aid, a company that shares our mission, we are bringing this vision to life. This is a critical step in a broader active aging strategy.²
The companies¹ shared commitment to wellness aligns at a number of levels, from the Rite Aid pharmacy app that comes preloaded on all Touch3 smartphones sold at Rite Aid to a much broader focus on the 65+ market ­ and the collateral and outreach to support it.
GreatCall¹s active aging services include:
· 5Star service ­U.S.-based NAED Certified Response agents use the phone¹s GPS and information provided in the user¹s Personal Profile, to confirm the user¹s location and effectively evaluate the situation. Agents provide the connection to whichever emergency services are required, from medication questions to emergency dispatch services.
· Urgent Care provides 24/7 unlimited access to speak with registered nurses or board certified doctors anytime, anywhere without having to travel to a doctor¹s office or make a copayment.
· MedCoach medication reminder app enables users to easily follow medication schedules as prescribed by their doctors.
· The GreatCall Link app gives family caregivers peace of mind by providing both critical information in an urgent situation and snapshots of normal daily activities. Friends and family who download the Link app to their smartphone will receive an alert when the user of a GreatCall device contacts a 5Star agent in an emergency, including the date, time of call and type of help provided. In addition, the app provides information on daily events such as current locations, power status, and a list of activities to ensure that daily routines are normal and the device is charged and in use.
· Brain Games improve cognitive functions, improve memory and sharpen focus while providing fun.
· Check-in Calls are friendly, automated calls that can be scheduled to check in on a family member, providing peace of mind.
GreatCall is the leader in creating mobile health and safety solutions for active aging. With its suite of easy-to-use products and services, including GreatCall Splash, Jitterbug5, Touch3 and health, safety and medical apps, including Urgent Care, GreatCall Link, MedCoach and 5Star, GreatCall utilizes an award-winning personalized approach to ensure aging consumers can live more independent lives.
GreatCall¹s products and services are sold nationwide. Service covers the U.S. GreatCall is headquartered in San Diego, CA. To learn more about GreatCall products and services, please visit www.greatcall.com. This news release and other announcements are available at www.greatcall.com/newsroom or follow our news on Twitter @GreatCallinc and on Facebook at facebook.com/greatcall. For access to company logos, hi-resolution images and screen shots, please visit: www.greatcall.com/assets.