First FDA-Approved Biosimilar for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. CVS Closes Acquisition of Aetna, Promises Innovative Health Care Delivery
CVS Health announced that it has finalized its acquisition of Aetna with the promise to transform the consumer health experience. Read more.
4. FDA Approves New Autoinjector Formulation of Actemra
The single-dose, prefilled autoinjector for tocilizumab (Actemra) offers an additional option for patients with rheumatoid arthritis, giant cell arteritis, and 2 forms of juvenile arthritis. Read more.
3. Teva, Mylan Announce Voluntary Recalls of Valsartan Drug Products
Both actions follow similar recalls of valsartan-containing products by other manufacturers. Read more.
2. New Approach May Halt Development of Cancer Linked to Mono
Epstein-Barr virus and Kaposi's sarcoma herpesvirus can activate and lead to the growth of cancerous cells. Read more.
1. First Biosimilar for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Approved By FDA
Rituximab-abbs (Truxima, Celltrion) is the fifteenth biosimilar approved by the FDA and the sixth biosimilar approved in 2018 thus far. Read more.