Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Gene Therapy Around the Corner for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
CRSPR-Cas9 technology observed to increase lifespan in mice models of ALS. Read more.
4. Tumor Necrosis Factor Protein Involved With Atopic Dermatitis
Inhibiting a specific protein reduces the clinical characteristics of atomic dermatitis. Read more.
3. Highly-Sensitive Saliva Test Could Diagnose HIV Earlier
Patients may be less likely to undergo a blood test to diagnose HIV. Read more.
2. FDA Approves Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome With Constipation
Plecanatide has already been approved for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation. Read more.
1. FDA, FTC Issues Warning Over Illegal Opioid Withdrawal Treatments
Agencies send warning letters to companies selling products with unsubstantiated claims about treating opioid misuse disorder. Read more.