Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. Moderate Alcohol Intake Linked to Healthy Brain Aging
Elderly patients who regularly consumed alcohol found less likely to develop dementia. Read more.
4. New Study Highlights Importance of Statin Continuation in Stroke Survivors
Discontinuing statins found to increase the risk of recurrent stroke by 42%. Read more.
3. Ohio-based Healthcare Companies Pay $19.5 Million to Settle False Medicare Claims Allegations
Whistleblower suits arise from claims for reimbursement under Medicare, Medicaid, or TRICARE. Read more.
2. Expert Panel Discussion Advocates for Regulation, Competition of Prescription Drugs
Federal regulations may help curb the high cost of prescription drugs. Read more.
1. FDA Publishes Guidance for Generic Drug Development
FDA provides manufacturers with product-specific guidances for creating equivalent generic drugs. Read more.