Express Scripts' 2019 Formulary Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. FDA Approves Drug for 2 Types of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Mogamulizumab-kpkc (Poteligeo, Kyowa Kirin) injection is indicated to treat adult patients with 2 types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: relapsed or refractory mycosis fungoides or Sézary syndrome. Read more.
4. Legislators Push HHS to Stop Pharmacy DIR Fees
Separate letters sent by a group of senators and congress members request Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar to halt retroactive direct and indirect remuneration fees. Read more.
3. Hepatitis C Worsens Outcomes in Patients Who Abuse Alcohol
Interaction between hepatitis C virus and high alcohol consumption significantly limits patient survival. Read more.
2. FDA Expands Cystic Fibrosis Treatment for Use in Children Aged 2 to 5 Years
Lumacaftor/ivacaftor (Orkambi, Vertex Pharmaceuticals) is the first drug approved to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis in children aged 2 to 5 years old. Read more.
1. Express Scripts Cuts 48 Drugs from 2019 Formulary
Medications with biosimilar and generic alternatives favored on pharmacy benefit manager’s national preferred formulary for 2019. Read more.