Daily OTC Pearl: Sarna Lotion
Sarna Lotion treats itching and pain from certain skin conditions, such as insect bites and rash due to poison oak, poison ivy, or poison sumac.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Sarna Lotion
- Menthol is known as a counterirritant. It works by causing the skin to feel cool and then warm.
- These feelings on the skin distract the patient from feeling the ache or pain.
- Camphor helps to relieve itching.
- Adverse effects may include redness, warmth, and irritation.
- Directions: Topical medicine is for use only on the skin. Do not use on open wounds or on sunburned, windburned, dry, or irritated skin. Rinse with water if this medicine gets in your eyes or mouth.