Daily OTC Pearl: Lamisil (Terbinafine)
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Lamisil (terbinafine)
- Lamisil is also used to treat a skin condition called pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a fungal infection that causes a lightening or darkening of the skin of the neck, chest, arms, or legs.
- Mechanism of action: Terbinafine is an antifungal that works by preventing the growth of fungus.
- Directions: Use this medication on the skin only. Clean and thoroughly dry the area to be treated. Apply a thin layer of the medication on and around the affected area, usually once or twice daily as directed on the product package.
- Dosing: Use once or twice a day for 7 to 14 days.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.