Daily OTC Pearl: Kaopectate
Kaopectate treats diarrhea, heartburn, nausea, and upset stomach.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Kaopectate
Indication: Kaopectate treats diarrhea, heartburn, nausea, and upset stomach.
- Ingredients: Caramel, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, flavor, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, sucrose, water, xanthan gum.
- Directions: Adults and children 12 years of age and older take 1 dose (30 ml) every 30 minutes to 1 hour as needed.
- Do not exceed 8 doses (240 mL) in 24 hours use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days.
- For children under 12 years of age, ask a physician.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea.
- Shake well immediately before each use. Only use pre-measured dose cup.
- When using this product, a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
- When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a physician because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.