Daily OTC Pearl: IcyHot
IcyHot contains salicylate, an aspirin-like product.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: IcyHot
Indication: IcyHot is used to treat minor aches and pains of the muscles/joints (e.g., arthritis, backache, sprains).
- IcyHot works by causing the skin to feel cool and then warm.
- Some products should not be used on children younger than 12 years of age without a physician’s advice.
- Directions: This medication is for use on the skin only. Do not apply near the eyes, mouth, nose, or genitals, and be careful not to touch those areas while the medication is on the hands.
- Apply a thin layer of medication to the affected area no more than 3 to 4 times a day. Rub in gently and thoroughly. Wash hands after applying the medication.
- Adverse effects include redness, warmth, stinging, or burning on the application site. If any of these effects persist or worsen, contact your physician or pharmacist promptly.
- This drug contains an aspirin-like product (salicylate). Children and teenagers younger than 18 years should not use this product if they have chickenpox, flu, or any undiagnosed illness, or if they have recently received a vaccine.