OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Humibid E Tablets
Indication: Guaifenesin is used to treat coughs and congestion caused by the common cold, bronchitis, and other breathing illnesses.
- This product is not usually used for ongoing cough from smoking or long-term breathing problems, such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema, unless directed by a physician.
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It works by thinning and loosening mucus in the airways, clearing congestion, and making breathing easier.
- Cough and cold products have not been shown to be safe or effective in children younger than 6 years of age. Do not use this product to treat cold symptoms in children younger than 6 years of age unless specifically directed by a physician.
- Directions: Take this medication by mouth with or without food, as directed by a physician, usually every 4 hours.
- Guaifenesin may have a bitter taste. Do not split the tablets unless they have a score line and it is advised by a physician or pharmacist.
- Adverse events: Nausea or vomiting may occur. If either of these effects last or get worse, tell a physician or pharmacist promptly.
Humibid E Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD
humibid e image - Google Search