Daily OTC Pearl: Debrox (Carbamide Peroxide)
Debrox helps to soften, loosen, and remove earwax.
OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: Debrox (Carbamide Peroxide)
Indication: Debrox is used to treat earwax buildup.
- Debrox helps to soften, loosen, and remove earwax.
- Too much earwax can block the ear canal and reduce hearing.
- This medication releases oxygen and starts to foam when it comes in contact with the skin.
- The foaming helps break up and remove the earwax.
- Directions: Apply this medication into the ear, usually twice daily, or as directed by a physician. Do not use this medication for more than 4 days at a time unless instructed by a physician.
- Adverse effects may include rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.