OTC/Lifestyle Pearl of the Day: CeraVe
Indication: CeraVe is a moisturizing emollient to treat dry skin.
- Topical emollients are used to treat or prevent dry skin.
- May also treat acne, chapped lips, diaper rash, cold sores, or other minor skin irritations.
- Ingredients may include aqua, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, petrolatum, potassium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, Xanthan gum, and others.
- If swelling, redness, bruising or open wound, do not apply and seek medical opinion.
- Directions to use: Clean the skin where the product will be applied.
- Shake the product container if recommended on the label.
- Apply a small amount of topical emollient to the affected area and rub in gently.
- Do not use this product over a large area of skin. Do not apply a topical emollient to a deep puncture wound or severe burn without medical advice.
- If the skin appears white or gray and feels soggy, the individual may be applying too much topical emollient or using it too often.
- Avoid getting this product in the eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds.