Daily Medication Pearl: Tavaborole (Kerydin)
Tavaborole (Kerydin) is indicated for the topical treatment of onychomycosis of the toenails.
Medication Pearl of the Day: Tavaborole (Kerydin)
Indication: Tavaborole (Kerydin) is an oxaborole antifungal indicated for the topical treatment of onychomycosis of the toenails due to trichophyton rubrum or trichophyton mentagrophytes.
- Dosing: Apply tavaboroleto affected toenails once daily for 48 weeks.
- Dosage forms:Solution, 5%.
- Adverse events: Common adverse reactions occurring in ≥1% in subjects treated with tavaboroleincluded application site exfoliation, ingrown toenail, application site erythema, and application site dermatitis.
- Mechanism of action: Kerydin is an oxaborole antifungal.
- Manufacturer: Anacor Pharma