Daily Medication Pearl: Ibalizumab-uiyk (Trogarzo)
Ibalizumab-uiyk (Trogarzo) is a CD4-directed post-attachment HIV-1 inhibitor.
Medication Pearl of the Day: Ibalizumab-uiyk (Trogarzo)
Indication: Ibalizumab-uiyk (Trogarzo), a CD4-directed post-attachment HIV-1 inhibitor, is indicated for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in combination with other antiretroviral(s), for heavily treatment-experienced adults with multidrug resistant HIV-1 infection who are failing their current antiretroviral regimen.
- Dosing: Ibalizumab-uiyk is administered intravenously (IV) as a single loading dose of 2000 mg followed by a maintenance dose of 800 mg every 2 weeks after dilution in 250 mL of 0.9% sodium chloride injection, USP
- Dosage forms: Injection 200 mg/1.33 mL (150 mg/mL) in a single-dose vial.
- Adverse events: The most common adverse reactions (incidence ≥ 5%) were diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, and rash.
- Mechanism of action: Ibalizumab-uiyk is an HIV-1 antiretroviral drug.
- Manufacturer: TaiMed Biologics