Seven Deadly Sins AND HOW TO AVOID THEM: Interviews
Pharmacy Careers, Volume 0, 0
- ARRIVING LATE?Set 2 alarm clocks, and allow more than enough travel time.
- DRESSING INFORMALLY?Have a dry-cleaned, conservative business suit ready to go.
- POOR EYE CONTACT?Concentrate on maintaining eye contact throughout the interview. Eye contact is not the same asstaring.
- ASKING ONLY SELF-SERVING QUESTIONS?Prepare questions that show your interest in the position or company.
- DEMONSTRATING IGNORANCE ABOUT THE HIRING COMPANY?Do some background research on the companybefore the interview.
- USING EVERYDAY LANGUAGE AND SPEECH PATTERNS?Practice interviewing and using professional terminologywhere appropriate. Avoid ?like,? ?ya know,? ?really,? and ?OK?? when they are simply fillers.
- FAILING TO ADDRESS THE QUESTION ASKED?Be careful to listen to the question and understand it before answering.