New FDA-approved drug used to treat patients with chronic iron overload.
Avella Specialty Pharmacy announced this week that it has been selected by Novartis Pharmaceuticals to dispense Jadenu (deferasirox) tablets to simplify treatment administration for patients with chronic iron overload.
- Jadenu (deferasirox) tablets, a new formulation of Exjade (deferasirox), is the only once-daily oral film-coated tablet for iron chelation
- Jadenu, taken with or without food, simplifies daily treatment administration for patients with chronic iron overload
- Chronic iron overload is a serious condition that can affect people with sickle cell disease, thalassemia and myelodysplastic syndromes
Learn more about Avella’s oncology-focused resources, and download the oncology referral form. You can also click here for full prescribing information.
How will Avella work with your oncology patients? Once we receive the prescription, we will:
- Verify patient benefits and coordinate prior authorizations, when applicable
- If the patient has a high co-pay, our Financial Assistance Specialists will work with the patient and your office to apply the patient to any applicable co-pay assistance programs
- You will receive a confirmation regarding the status of each patient in 24-48 hours
Your dedicated Avella team will handle the rest.
- We will contact the patient to arrange delivery to their home at no additional fee
- Our clinical pharmacists are available 24/7 for patient support
This new drug is immediately available and prescribers can refer patients now.
SOURCE: Avella Specialty Pharmacy