ASHP Announces 2015 Awards
ASHP will recognize the achievements of an accomplished group of health care practitioners with the organization's 2015 Board of Directors' Awards.
ASHP will recognize the achievements of an accomplished group of healthcare practitioners with the organization’s 2015 Board of Directors’ Awards. The following awards will be presented during ceremonies at ASHP’s national continuing education meetings:
Honorary Membership (ASHP Summer Meetings, June 2015) Honorary membership in ASHP is bestowed upon individuals who are or have been especially interested in or have made outstanding contributions to pharmacy practice in health systems.
- Roger W. Anderson, M.S., FASHP, Head, Division of Pharmacy, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (retired), Houston, TX.
- William A. Gouveia, M.S., FASHP, Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Northeastern University, Bouvé College of Health Sciences, Associate Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA.
Award of Excellence (ASHP Summer Meetings, June 2015) The ASHP Award of Excellence recognizes a specific recent contribution or achievement that has advanced the ability of hospital and health-system pharmacists in the United States to serve the needs of patients.
- Members and Staff of the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Sacramento, CA.
Award for Distinguished Leadership in Health-System Pharmacy Practice (50th Midyear Clinical Meeting, December 2015) The Award for Distinguished Leadership in Health-System Pharmacy Practice recognizes the contributions of practitioners who have achieved excellence in health-system pharmacy practice leadership.
- Richard L. Lucarotti, Pharm.D., FASHP, Clinical Professor and Director of Experiential Education, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
Board of Directors Award of Honor (50th Midyear Clinical Meeting, December 2015) The ASHP Board of Directors Award of Honor is given to individuals outside the pharmacy discipline who have made significant contributions to the health field.
- Christine K. Cassel, M.D., MACP, President & CEO, National Quality Forum, Washington, D.C.
Donald E. Francke Medal (50th Midyear Clinical Meeting, December 2015) The Donald E. Francke Medal honors pharmacists who have made significant international contributions to health-system pharmacy.
- Dr. Roberto Frontini, Director of Pharmacy, Hospital of the University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany.
ASHP represents pharmacists who serve as patient care providers in acute and ambulatory settings. The organization’s more than 40,000 members include pharmacists, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. For over 70 years, ASHP has been on the forefront of efforts to improve medication use and enhance patient safety. For more information about the wide array of ASHP activities and the many ways in which pharmacists advance healthcare, visit ASHP’s website, www.ashp.org, or its consumer website, www.safemedication.com.