Week in Review: Use of Hydroxychloroquine in Patients With COVID-19 Increases Mortality
Top news of the week from Pharmacy Times® surrounding the novel coronavirus.
5. Pharmacists Authorized To Order and Administer COVID-19 Testing; Receive Immunity
A new guidance authorizes licensed pharmacists to order and administer COVID-19 tests, including serology tests, that are approved by the FDA. Read more.
4. SCAI, ACC, ACEP Release Consensus Statement for Management of Acute Myocardial Infarction During COVID-19
Patients with cardiovascular disease who develop COVID-19 have a higher risk of mortality. Read more.
3. Letter: Pharmacy on the Frontlines of COVID-19 Pandemic
With additional state action to remove testing restrictions, pharmacists will be able to continue their work to serve on the frontlines of health care during this pandemic. Read more.
2. Tele-diabetes Implemented to Manage New-Onset Diabetes During COVID-19 Pandemic
Two case studies have highlighted the use of tele-diabetes to manage new-onset type 1 diabetes cases in an adult and an infant during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Read more.
1. Study: Use of Hydroxychloroquine in Patients With COVID-19 Increases Mortality
A new study indicates that treatment with hydroxychloroquine increases overall mortality in patients hospitalized with COVID-19. Read more.