Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Age-Related Macular Degeneration Drug Combo Scrapped Despite Safe Profile
Zimura (avacincaptad pegol) was generally well tolerated when given to patients in combination with ranibizumab (Lucentis), but Ophthotech Corp announced it will focus efforts on other clinical programs. Read more.
4. Accelerated Biological Aging from Breast Cancer Treatment May Lead to Cognitive Dysfunction
Study examines whether markers of biological aging due to cancer treatment are related to cognitive function in survivors of breast cancer. Read more.
3. Should Cognitive Function Decline Prompt Changing Multiple Sclerosis Treatments?
Experts argue whether a decline in cognitive function should lead to a change in disease-modifying therapy for multiple sclerosis. Read more.
2. Routine Versus Targeted Hepatitis C Testing in US State Prisons
Study shows that routinely screening inmates for hepatitis C virus at entry may identify a significant number of cases that would have been missed through targeted testing. Read more.
1. Specialty Spending Among Top 5 Health-System Pharmacy Trends to Watch
The specialty drug market saw a 16% growth rate in 2018. Read more.