Top news of the day from across the health care landscape.
5. Vitamin Linked to Lower Risk of Squamous Cell Carcinoma
After controlling for various health factors, researchers found that vitamin D through diet affects risk of squamous cell cancer, read more.
4. Individuals with HIV Who Receive Kidney Transplants Achieve Long-Term Outcomes
A recent study found that individuals with HIV who received kidney transplants from deceased donors with HIV achieved long-term successful outcomes from the procedure, read more.
3. Walmart Rolls Out Health Care Pilot Program
Walmart is rolling out a health care pilot program for its employees to connect with recommended providers based on effectiveness and cost-efficiency, read more.
2. President Trump to Nominate Stephen Hahn, MD, FASTRO, as FDA Commissioner
President Donald Trump is set to nominate Stephen Hahn, MD, FASTRO, to lead the FDA, pending completion of the vetting process, read more.
1. TB Vaccine May Reduce Lung Cancer Risk
A tuberculosis vaccine commonly used in other parts of the world might reduce a person's risk of developing lung cancer if given early in childhood, read more.