Stratification and Differentiations of Specialty Pharmacies Tops Specialty Week in Review
Top news of the week from Directions in Specialty PharmacyTM.
5. Stromal Cells May Help to Overcome Resistance to Chemotherapy in Patients with Glioblastoma
New research shows targeting stromal cells may be an effective way of overcoming resistance to chemotherapy and radiation in patients with glioblastoma, a deadly brain cancer. Read more.
4. Congress Introduces New Legislation Designed for Medicare Patients in Need of Part B Home Infusion Medications
A bipartisan coalition in Congress has introduced new legislation designed to ensure Medicare patients have access to Part B home infusion medications. Read more.
3. Ensuring a Welcoming Facility Is Vital to Maintaining the Health of LGBTQ Patients with Cancer
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) patients with cancer face specific barriers when seeking medical care, but pharmacists and other medical professionals can take specific steps to reduce the gaps in care. Read more.
2. Telehealth Can Help Reach Rural Patients with Cancer
Novel approaches such as telemedicine may be a way to reach rural patients with cancer, according to a panel discussion at the Hematology/Oncology Pharmacists Association 2020 Meeting. Read more.
1. Stratification and Differentiations of Specialty Pharmacies
Due to the uniqueness of each disease state and motivations of each player in the market to capture revenue from the growing industry, there is an abundance of specialty pharmacy solutions available in the market. Read more.