Savings from Generic Ophthalmic Drugs Highlights AJPB Week in Review
Top articles of the week from The American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits.
5. FDA Works to Reduce Antibiotic Misuse, Resistance
Antibiotic-resistant bacteria causes millions of infections in the United States each year. Read more.
4. Veterans Affairs Pharmacists Tests Homeless Veterans for Hepatitis C
Outreach efforts seek to address rates of undiagnosed hepatitis C virus among homeless veterans. Read more.
3. Statins May Speed Development of Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease risk observed to be heightened within 2.5 years of taking statins in at-risk patients. Read more.
2. Ambien: Does This Popular Sleep Medication Turn People into Zombies?
The FDA warns that several considerations must be taken into account before using the popular insomnia medication. Read more.
1. Generic Ophthalmic Drugs Could Save Millions for Medicare
Eye care providers found to prescribe more branded drugs than any other specialty. Read more.