Top news of week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Addressing Specialty Drug Access and Affordability Issues
In recent history, drug shortages became somewhat of a phenomenon, tripling from 61 shortages in 2005 to 178 in 2010. Read more.
4. Chaotic Health Care Landscape Breeds Opportunity for Pharmacists
In the current chaotic environment of reimbursement that depends on quality and cost savings, pharmacists should increase their presence. Read more.
3. Experts Discuss Rationale for PARP Inhibitors Niraparib, Bevacizumab
In a Directions in Oncology PharmacyTM Peer Exchange series, experts discuss the PRIMA trial and the rationale for using PARP inhibitors. Read more.
2. Phase 3 Trial Shows Pembrolizumab, Chemotherapy Improve Survival in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
In the pivotal phase 3 KEYNOTE-355 study, pembrolizumab combined with chemotherapy met one of its dual primary endpoints of progression-free survival as a first-line treatment for patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. Read more.
1. Spending for Americans in Employer-Sponsored Health Plans Continues to Rise
Per capita health spending for 160 million Americans in employer-sponsored health plans grew by 4.4% in 2018, marking the third consecutive year of growth above 4%. Read more.