Patients with HIV Diagnosed with Cancer Have Increased Mortality Rates Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Survival Benefit Demonstrated with Abemaciclib Among Women with Metastatic Disease
Eli Lilly has announced that interim data from a phase 3 shows proof of a survival benefit with their breast cancer drug abemaciclib (Verzenio) among women with metastatic disease, read more.
4. New PrEP Approach Reduces Number of Pills Needed
Health officials in San Francisco are promoting a new strategy for administering pre-exposure prophylaxis for those at risk of contracting HIV, read more.
3. Patients with Psoriasis May Be at Elevated Risk of Cancer
A recent meta-analysis showed that patients with psoriasis may be at an increased risk of cancer, read more.
2. Predictive AI Causes Privacy Concerns
A London-based artificial intelligence company has developed a system that can analyze a patient’s health records, such as blood tests, and predict acute kidney disease up to 48 hours before onset; however, the technique has caused privacy concerns, read more.
1. Patients with HIV Diagnosed with Cancer Have Increased Mortality Rates
People living with HIV who are diagnosed with cancer have increased mortality rates compared with patients diagnosed with cancer who are not HIV positive, read more.