New Indication for Ixekizumab Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Drug Combination Leads to Effective Response, Remission in Patients with Multiple Myeloma
Selinexor with dexamethasone effective in more than one-quarter of patients with multiple myeloma during a clinical trial. Read more.
4. Out-of-Pocket Costs Grew 7-Fold for Medicare Beneficiaries with Multiple Sclerosis
Rising drug prices for disease-modifying therapies resulted in substantial increases in spending for Medicare beneficiaries with multiple sclerosis. Read more.
3. Rituximab Biosimilar Candidate Shows Clinical Equivalence in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
ABP 798, a biosimilar candidate to rituximab (Rituxan), demonstrated clinical equivalence in a study of patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Read more.
2. Strategies for Successful IDN-based Specialty Pharmacy: The Financial Perspective
An in-house specialty pharmacy can provide significant financial gain for health systems by preventing revenue from being diverted to outside pharmacies. Read more.
1. FDA Approves Ixekizumab for Ankylosing Spondylitis Indication
Eli Lilly’s ixekizumab (Taltz) injection 80 mg/mL is now approved for the treatment of active ankylosing spondylitis. Read more.