New Generic Tablet Offers OTC Treatment for Allergies
The new product is available in the United States in 20- and 30-count sizes.
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories has launched its Fexofenadine HCl 60 mg and Pseudoephedrine HCl 120 mg Extended-Release Tablets, USP, an FDA-approved over-the-counter (OTC) generic equivalent to Allegra-D® 12 HR Allergy and Congestion Extended-Release Tablets.
The new product is available in the United States in 20- and 30-count sizes. Its indications include:
- Temporary relief of symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies that include runny nose; sneezing; itchy, watery eyes; itching of the nose or throat
- Temporary relief of nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- Reduction in swelling of nasal passages
- Temporary relief of sinus congestion and pressure
- Temporarily restore freer breathing through the nose
Brand and generic products of fexofenadine HCl and pseudoephedrine HCl tablets had sales in the United States of approximately $44 million for the most recent 12 months ending in May 2019, according to a press release.
For pharmacist-recommended OTC products, visit OTCguide.net.
Dr. Reddy’s announces the launch of over-the-counter, store-brand equivalent of Allegra-D® 12 HR Allergy and Congestion Extended-Release Tablets (fexofenadine HCl 60 mg and pseudoephedrine HCl 120 mg) in the U.S. Market [news release]. Hyderabad, India and Princeton, NJ; July 19, 2019: Dr. Reddy's Laboratories.https://www.drreddys.com/media/904505/press_release_allegra_d12hr.pdf. Accessed July 30, 2019.