New FDA Approvals Top SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. US News Announces Best Hospital Ranking for 2018-19
The 2018-19 Best Hospital’s Honor Roll is a distinction awarded to 20 hospitals delivering exceptional treatment across multiple areas of care. Read more.
4. Low-Dose Botox May Reduce Urinary Symptoms in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis
Botox injections found to decrease urinary incontinence and improve quality of life for patients with multiple sclerosis. Read more.
3. NCCN Releases First Treatment Guideline for Rare Cancers Affecting Pregnant Women
The guidelines fill an unmet clinical need for a standard care consensus on gestational trophoblastic neoplasia, a group of rare cancers that affect pregnant women. Read more.
2. FDA OKs Lenvima for First-Line Treatment of Liver Cancer
Lenvatinib (Lenvima) has been granted approval by the FDA as a first-line treatment for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma. Read more.
1. FDA Approves New Treatment for Fabry Disease
Migalastat (Galafold, Amicus Therapeutics) is the first oral medication for the treatment of adults with Fabry disease, a rare genetic disorder. Read more.