New Drugs of 2011, Part 2
Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education
Michael A. Mancano, PharmD
Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Interim Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Temple University School of Pharmacy; Philadelphia, PA
Clinical Consultant, Department of Pharmacy
Pennsylvania Hospital; Philadelphia, PA
Michael A. Mancano, PharmD, has no relevant affiliations or financial relationships to disclose.
Judy V. Lum, MPA; Ann C. Lichti, CCMEP; and Donna Fausak of the Pharmacy Times Office of Continuing Professional Education have no relevant affiliations or financial relationships to disclose related to this activity.
Upon completing the program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the clinical indications of 8 new drugs approved by the FDA in 2011.
- Explain the mechanisms of action of the drugs discussed within this program.
- Recognize the clinically relevant drug interactions for the drugs reviewed in this program.
- Identify the most common adverse reactions for the discussed new drug approvals.
- Explain the approved dosing guidelines and recommended dosage adjustments for the drugs reviewed.
Target audience: Pharmacists
Type of activity: Knowledge
Release date: February 10, 2012
Expiration date: February 10, 2014
Estimated time to complete activity: 2.0 hours
Fee: There is no charge for taking this course online.
Click here to view this activity.