Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Medicare Could Save Billions with Additional Formulary Exclusions
reater use of substituting generic drugs could have a major impact on Medicare Part D spending. Read more.
4. Interrupting HIV Treatment in Clinical Trials Okay, NIH Study Says
Analytical treatment interruption may not cause long-term damage to patients with HIV. Read more.
3. Research Identifies Key Molecular Actions of Autoimmune, Inflammatory Diseases
An immunomodulatory cytokine interacts with its receptors differently than other cytokines. Read more.
2. Lawmakers Seek Transparency in 340B Program
Sen Bill Cassidy, MD (R-LA), proposes legislation that would require hospitals to pass 340B savings on to patients. Read more.
1. The Ins and Outs of Limited Distribution Specialty Drugs
Many factors influence whether a specialty pharmacy can gain access to limited distribution drug networks. Read more.