In-Depth Look at the World of Specialty Pharmacy: NASP Releases Upcoming Conference Agenda
The annual meeting of the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy will take place this September in Washington, DC.
For the fifth year in a row, the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP) is hosting its annual meeting on the latest developments in specialty pharmacy.
Attendees will have the opportunity to gain insight from top experts as they delve deep into the industry to cover a range of topics, including the evolution of the market, national legislative and regulatory policy, and the impact specialty pharmacies and pharmacists have on patients.
The NASP annual meeting is a great opportunity for both individuals who are new to the specialty pharmacy space, as well as those who are long time veterans of the industry. The meeting will be held at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, DC, from September 18-20, 2017.
Each year, this educational conference attracts employees from all areas of the specialty pharmacy chain, including senior executives, pharmacy directors, staff pharmacists, consultants, infusion pharmacies, pharma/biotech manufacturers, institutional pharmacies, managed care organizations, group purchasing organizations, distributors, and more.
It is the most effective way to stay abreast of rapid developments in specialty pharmacy through educational sessions, networking, and meeting with exhibitors.
“At its core, NASP is dedicated to providing continuing education programs to pharmacists and other health care professionals working in specialty pharmacy, one of the fastest growing and evolving health care industry segments,” Rebecca Shanahan, NASP president, said in a press release. “Our annual meeting format has grown to include specific education around legal issues, as well as helping our members prepare for or maintain their specialty pharmacist certification.”
To register, click here. And be sure to take a peek at the sessions that will offered at the meeting below:
Monday, September 18
- Specialty Pharmacy Law Conference — 8:15 am to 5 pm
- CSP Prep Course — 8:15 am to 5 pm
- NASP Committee Meetings (invitation only) — 2 pm to 3 pm
- Welcome Reception and Networking — 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Tuesday, September 19
- CE Satellite Symposium — 7 am to 8 am
- Political Impact on the Specialty Pharmacy Landscape — 8:30 am to 9:15 am
- NASP Approach to Political Landscape — 9:15 am to 10 am
- Specialty Pharmacy Trend Report — 10:30 am to 11:45 am
- Women in Specialty Pharmacy Luncheon (separate registration) — 11:45 am to 1:15 pm
- CME Lunch Symposium — 11:45 am to 1:15 pm
- Building a Better Payer Portfolio — 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm
- I’m Starting a Specialty Pharmacy — Now What? Introduction to Specialty Pharmacy – 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm
- “Non-Drugs” — Diagnostic Technologies and Specialty Pharmacy – 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm
- Keynote — 2:30 pm to 3:15pm
- Direct and Indirect Remuneration Fees: What You Need to Know — 4 pm to 5 pm
- Operational Optimization of the Patient Journey - 4 pm to 5 pm
- Legal Updates for Specialty Pharmacy - 4 pm to 5 pm
- Outcomes in Specialty Pharmacy — 5 pm to 6 pm
- The Triage of Services? - 5 pm to 6 pm
- Immunoglobulin IV to SQ: Site of Care Transition - 5 pm to 6 pm
Wednesday, September 20
- CE Satellite Symposium — 7 am to 8 am
- Balance of Healthcare — 8:30 am to 9:30 am
- 2018 Pipeline — 9:30 am to 10:30 am
- Relieving the Financial Burden on Patients — 9:30 am to 10:30 am
- Innovative Pharmacogenetics: What Does the Future Hold? — 9:30 am to 10:30 am
- Biosimilars: Price, Policy, and Outlook — 11 am to 12 pm
- Health System Specialty Pharmacy: The Solution for Local, Integrated Care — 11 am to 12 pm
- Clinical Focus: Hemophilia and/or Women’s Oncology — 11 am to 12 pm
- CE Satellites Symposium — 12 pm to 1:15 pm
- The RX for Patient Satisfaction — 1:15 pm to 2:30 pm
- Navigating Billing in Specialty Pharmacy — 3:10 pm to 4 pm
- Changing Roles for Community Pharmacists: Transition from Dispensing to Clinical Practice — 3:10 pm to 4 pm
- Orphan Drug Reform and Impact on Specialty Pharmacy & Patients — 3:10 pm to 4 pm