Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Women who Decreased Alcohol Consumption had Improvements in Quality of Life.
Changes in alcohol consumption can result in improvements in quality of life among females, especially their mental well-being. Read more.
4. Hormone Therapy Linked to Dementia
A new study has found that hormone therapy for prostate cancer is associated with an increased risk of dementia. Read more.
3. Small Glass of Soda Per Day Linked to 22% Increase Risk in Breast Cancer
A new study has linked drinking just a small glass of a sugary drink per day, 100 ml or approximately one-third of a typical can of soda, to an 18% increase in overall cancer risk and a 22% increase in risk for breast cancer. Read more.
2. Several Walmart- and Walgreen-Exclusive Eye Drops Recalled
Several eye drops and ointments exclusively sold at Walmart and Walgreen stores have been recalled because they might not be sterile. Read more.
1. HPV Vaccine to be Offered in British Schools
Boys aged 12 and 13 will be offered the HPV vaccine in all British schools from September in an effort to prevent thousands of cancer cases. Read more.