Hemophilia, Multiple Myeloma Drug Approvals Top SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. HIV Replication Unlikely to Occur in Liver Cells After Long-Term Antiretroviral Therapy
Study examines the role of liver macrophages as a long-lived HIV-1 cellular reservoir. Read more.
4. New AI Platform Accurately Identifies Lung Cancer Type, Genetic Mutations
Artificial intelligence tool can analyze images of patients’ lung tumors, specify cancer types, and identify altered genes driving abnormal cell growth. Read more.
3. Research Highlights Efficacy of HCV Therapy in Drug Users, Urges Removal of Treatment Restrictions
Based on evidence from a systematic review, researchers are calling for increased access to lifesaving hepatitis C treatments for injection drug users. Read more.
2. FDA Approves Once-Weekly Dosing Regimen for Multiple Myeloma Treatment
Latest approval for carfilzomib offers a more convenient dosing option for patients with multiple myeloma. Read more.
1. Hemlibra Receives FDA Approval for Hemophilia A Without Factor VIII Inhibitors
Emicizumab-kxwh (Hemlibra) is now the only FDA-approved treatment for hemophilia A with and without factor VIII inhibitors. Read more.