Pharmacy Times® will be covering the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy Nexus 2023 conference from October 16 to October 19, 2023. Nexus 2023 brings together managed care decision-makers for 24 educational sessions, including a variety of continuing education opportunities. There will be industry workshops, partner sessions, satellite symposia, and science and innovation theaters, according to the conference website.
The conference will also have more than 75 exhibitors from managed care space. Stay tuned on pharmacytimes.com for exclusive session coverage and interviews with presenters, such as:
- A discussion about the federal and legal considerations around managed care pharmacy. In the session, attendees will learn about the important legislation and regulations in health care, new proposals introduced in 2023, and the Biden administration’s regulatory actions that will heavily affect the practices of managed care pharmacies and pharmacy professionals.
- An interview with Chelsee Jensen, PharmD, BCPS, senior pharmacy specialist in pharmaceutical and formulary manager at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, about biosimilars. She will be discussing the current landscape for biosimilars, upcoming 2024 launch dates that pharmacists should be aware of, and clinical considerations and research gaps in biosimilar research.
- An educational discussion about using artificial intelligence to leverage data-driven interventions and optimize medication management for patients, specifically in the management of behavioral health. This will include issues that occur in the management of behavioral health, possible consequences of these issues in both clinical and economic outcomes, and how data can be used to tailor interventions, specifically using predictive analytics.
- An interview with Saira Jan, MS, PharmD, vice president and chief pharmacy officer at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, about home oncology infusions. She will discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on oncology infusions, what role home infusions can play for oncology patients, and what are considerations for pharmacists who are administering home infusions to patients.
- A presentation on gene therapies, which will cover how to operationalize clinical trial inclusion and exclusion criteria. This will include how to identify health insurer data to forecast candidates for gene therapy, the process of gene therapy clinical trial inclusion and exclusion based on the health insurer data, and how health insurers can benefit from gene therapy candidates to make better informed business decisions.
Follow Pharmacy Times for coverage of the conference on our website and on social media for the latest updates.