Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Ramucirumab, Erlotinib Combo a Promising First-line EGFR-Mutated NSCLC Treatment
Ramucirumab (Cyramza) in combination with erlotinib delayed disease progression in previously untreated patients with EGFR-mutated non-small cell lung cancer. Read more.
4. FDA Approves New Treatment for Erythropoietic Protoporphyria
Erythropoietic protoporphyria is a rare metabolic disorder where exposure to light may be extremely painful for affected individuals. Read more.
3. Advice for Growing a Health System Specialty Pharmacy
Buy-in from providers and a number of key stakeholders is essential to successfully grow a specialty pharmacy within a health system. Read more.
2. Study: Long-Term Dupilumab Safe and Effective in Adolescents with Atopic Dermatitis
Treatment with dupilumab in adolescents with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis demonstrated long-term safety and efficacy that was comparable to the treatment’s use in adults, according to a new study. Read more.
1. FDA Awards 12 Grants Towards Treatment of Rare Diseases
The FDA has awarded 12 new clinical trial research grants to enhance the development of medical products for patients with rare diseases. Read more.