Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Potential Multiple Sclerosis Trigger Identified
Researchers have identified a potential trigger of multiple sclerosis (MS), moving a step closer to a better understanding of the disease. Read more.
4. New ACS Guidelines Lower Colorectal Cancer Screening Age to 45
The American Cancer Society (ACS) has updated its colorectal cancer (CRC) screening guidelines to lower the age at which individuals are recommended to begin screening due to increasing incidence in young and middle-aged populations. Read more.
3. Study Highlights Global Burden of Multiple Myeloma, Access to Treatments
A new study in JAMA Oncology analyzed the burden of MM around the world, by country, how the burden has changed, and how widely available treatments are. Read more.
2. Novel Cannabidiol Medication Reduces Seizures from Severe Epilepsy
Cannabidiol (CBD) significantly reduces seizure burden in a severe form of epilepsy, known as Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS). Read more.
1. FDA Video Series Highlights Promise of Biosimilars
As part of a larger education and outreach effort, the video series provides an overview of the products and focuses on key concepts about development and approval. Read more.