Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Ilixadencel/Sunitinib Combo Therapy Achieves Positive Results in Metastatic Renal Cell Cancer
Results from a phase 2 study demonstrated complete tumor responses in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with the combination lixadencel and sunitinib. Read more.
4. Raising Levels of High-Density Lipoprotein May Reduce MS-Related Fatigue
Dietary interventions that raise levels of high-density lipoprotein, or good cholesterol, may affect fatigue symptoms in multiple sclerosis. Read more.
3. Two-Pronged Approach Shows Promise as Effective Treatment Option in AML
A new study identified pathways that may serve as therapeutic targets for overcoming drug resistance in acute myeloid leukemia. Read more.
2. FDA Accepts sNDA for Neratinib Use in HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer
Puma’s supplemental New Drug Application is seeking approval for the use neratinib (Nerlynx) plus capecitabine as a third-line treatment in patients with human epidermal growth receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer. Read more.
1. Socioeconomic, Insurance Status Can Affect Patient Benefit from Clinical Cancer Trials
Two studies examined whether health insurance and socioeconomic status played a role in patient outcomes in clinical cancer trials. Read more.