Express Scripts' Novel Formulary Tops SPT Week in Review
Top news of the week from Specialty Pharmacy Times.
5. Lynparza Gets Priority Review for First-Line Maintenance of Ovarian Cancer
The FDA accepted a supplemental New Drug Application for olaparib’s (Lynparza) new indication for first-line maintenance treatment of advanced ovarian cancer. Read more.
4. Hepatitis C Combo Effective in Treatment-Naive Patients With Compensated Cirrhosis
One hundred percent of patients with hepatitis C virus genotypes 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 achieved a sustained virologic response at 12 weeks post treatment with 8 weeks of glecaprevir/pibrentasvir treatment. Read more.
3. Hepatitis A Outbreaks in Certain States Linked to Drug Use, Homelessness
The epidemiology of hepatitis A has shifted from point-source outbreaks to outbreaks caused by person-to-person transmission. Read more.
2. The Growing Role of the Health-System Specialty Pharmacy
NYU Langone Health discusses the challenges and benefits involved in starting or expanding a health system’s specialty pharmacy. Read more.
1. Express Scripts Introduces Flex Formulary for Coverage of Lower Cost Drugs
The new formulary will allow health plans to cover lower list price products, such as new authorized alternatives to brand-name medications. Read more.